PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Rates are subject to change.
- To secure your reservation, you are required to make a 50% deposit of the total tour cost within seven days of confirming your tour.
- The balance must be paid 30 days prior to departure.
- If you make your reservation less than 36 days before departure you will be required to pay for the tour in full when you confirm it.
- All prices quoted exclude any financial transaction costs which your bank may charge. These charges are your responsibility.
- Payment must be made in the currency in which the quotation is accepted or in which the invoice is made out.
- Payment can be done via EFT bank transfer. Or credit card via Payfast. 5 % bank charge to be levied on total of invoice.
- Proof of payment must be sent via e-mail to secure bookings.
- If you cancel your tour with a notice period of 65 days or more, we will refund 75% of the total booking cost or deposit received.
- 50 – 64 days’ notice – we will refund 50% of the total booking cost or deposit received.
- 36 – 49 days’ notice – we will refund 25% of the total booking cost or deposit received.
- 35 days or less – there will be no refund of any monies.
- Should you fail to take up your booking or tour, join it after departure or leave before it is complete, you will not receive any refund or credit.
- Rates for children are available on request
- Children 12 years and older are considered to be adults and pay the adult rate, except where specifically stated.
- A 5% surcharge will be levied when paying by credit card.
How to book
- Contact our office by e-mail or phone.
- Please notify us in writing of any confirmation, amendment or booking cancellation.
- All reservations are subject to Kontours cancellation policy.
Quotations are valid only for the dates specified and are subject to adjustment if the services quoted for are not available at the time of actual booking. Any changes to the
- quotation requested by the client and incurring additional costs will be charged accordingly.
- Quoted prices are subject to adjustment in the event of fluctuating costs including any costs that relate to government-imposed taxes, fuel prices, air fares, accommodation tariffs, tourism levies and/or the introduction of national, regional or local taxes or levies of whatever nature.
It is a condition of booking that all travellers, including any accompanying dependants or companions, are covered by fully comprehensive travel and medical insurance for the duration of their trip. This insurance should include cover for the following eventualities:
- Cancellation and curtailment of tour
- Emergency evacuation expenses
- Medical expenses
- Repatriation expenses and
- Damage / theft / loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
Kontours its representatives, employees and agents, will accept no responsibility whatsoever for any costs or losses incurred or suffered by the traveller, traveller’s dependants or travelling companions, with regard to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities. Travellers not covered by adequate insurance may be charged directly by individual service providers for any emergency services required, or may find themselves in a position where they are unable to access such services.
Kontours shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of any nature whatsoever suffered by the traveller arising from:
- The loss of or any damage to any property
- The cancellation or curtailment of any tour
- Sickness, quarantine, weather conditions, war, strikes, riots and/or any other cause of any nature whatsoever, however caused and whether as a result of negligence or otherwise.
All travel arrangements, such as flight bookings, hotel and accommodation reservations, motor transport bookings and the like made by Kontours are subject to the booking conditions and cancellation provisions of the relevant supplier. Kontours reserves the right to alter or substitute routes, refreshments, meals, accommodation, itineraries, tours, services, vehicles and/or arrangements if necessary. In such instances, substitutes of equal value will be offered wherever possible. If, in the opinion of Kontours, the fulfilment of any tour is considered impossible, illegal or inadvisable due to adverse weather conditions, avalanches, strikes, war, government interference and/or any other cause not arising from Kontours’ negligence, it may at any time cancel such tour or
what remains of it or make alterations to the route, accommodation, price and/or any other aspect as it thinks fit, and any losses and expenses resulting from such cancellation or alteration shall be borne by the traveller.
Payment by a client of a deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation with Kontours constitutes consent by all clients covered by that payment to all the terms, conditions and provisions stipulated by Kontours.